Who are we? Where do we come from? What is the nature and purpose of physical life?
The popular scientific view is that all of reality is essentially physical and mechanical, and that consciousness is a simple product of brain activity. However, many individuals have firsthand experiences indicating that there is ‘more to life’ than just the physical. Moreover, there is diverse scientific data confirming that we are more than just physical.
IAC studies and practices consciousness science. In focusing on consciousness, we study various phenomena such as subtle energy, life before birth and after death, and the out-of-body experience. As a science, we conduct our studies according to scientific principles, including rationality, replicability, coherence, and consensus. And ultimately, none of our models or theories are fully final or complete. Like all good science, our ideas are positioned at the frontier of knowledge with an openness to being refined, refuted, and discussed.
The basis of consciousness science is the consciential paradigm. Key aspects of this consciousness-centered paradigm are:
- Reality is composed of matter, energy, and consciousness. Consciousness is the driver of energy.
- In addition to physical reality, there are other persistent realities (or ‘dimensions’) of a subtler, non-physical character.
- Every living physical being is actually a consciousness (soul, essence) utilizing a temporary physical body. Consciousness per se does not seem to die.
- During physical life, we can have partial experiences of non-physical reality by developing sensitivity and proficiency with our subtle energies.
- During physical life, we can have fuller experiences of non-physical reality by having an out-of-body experience while the physical body is dormant.
Are you passionate about consciousness science? The best way to develop a strong foundation of coherent theory and firsthand experience is our Consciousness Development Program.
You can also learn more about Consciousness Science at our Free Introductory Lecture.